If you’re trying to improve your golf game or you’re looking for a little help judging distances, then the best way to do this is by investing in a laser rangefinder. A rangefinder can help you to accurate know the distance between the tee off and the green by giving you an exact distance in yards. This kind of information can be a massive help for improving your golf game.
Although there are a lot of rangefinders out there available, not all of them are worth considering. Though the big brands Bushnell and Nikon are great, there’s also some lesser known brands that you might want to think about as well. So, let’s take a look at some of the best rangefinders currently available.
Best Laser Golf Rangefinder
|Product||Image||Get More Info|
|Bushnell Tour V4 Shift||Find Best Price|
|Nikon Coolshot 20||Find Best Price|
|TecTecTec VPro500||Find Best Price|
|Bushnell Pro X2||Find Best Price|
Bushnell Tour V4 Shift
- Slope Switch Technology
- PinSeeker with JOLT technology
- Accurate to 1 yard
- Ranges 5 1, 000 yards; 400+ yards to a flag
- 5x magnification
If you have a decent budget, then the Bushnell Tour V4 Shift is pretty unbeatable in terms of it’s effectiveness. It’s one of the best rangefinders currently available, and there’s a few reasons why you might want to consider adding it to your collection.
Firstly, the best thing about the Tour V4 Shift is that it has Slope Switch Technology. This is easily turned on and off by a small switch on the side of the rangefinder itself. This easily allows you to go from estimating standard distances to more slope adjusted distances. This means that if you’re playing on very hilly terrain, it will allow you to estimate the potential sloping. Usually this is built into an additional device, but with the V4 Shift, you get everything in one device.
It’s pretty much designed as the perfect rangefinder. It’s really easy to hold and use, due to the grips and the design of the rangefinder in general. It also has an additional vibrating option, which will automatically go off when you go over the flag on the green. This helps for picking out the exact point that you want to aim for.
Another good thing about thing one is that it’s particularly light – it’s much lighter than other rangefinders that are currently available. If you’re trying to minimize the amount of stuff with you that you’re carrying around the course, then the Tour V4 Shift might be a great option for you.
Nikon Coolshot 20
- Two batteries included
- The lightest and most compact golf rangefinder Nikon produces will fit easily into a pocket or golf bag
- First target priority technology allows for the closest object in a group of objects to be measured every time
- A single press of the power button provides 8-second continuous measurement scanning to allow for quick measurements to multiple targets
Although the Tour V4 Shift is pretty expensive, that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune on a good laser rangefinder. If you’re looking for one on a budget, then you don’t need to spend much more than $100. The Coolshot 20 is a great example of a budget rangefinder that works well.
Whilst it doesn’t have the fancy slope features of more expensive rangefinders, it still does all of the basics extremely well. You’ll be able to measure distances of between 5-600 yards, which is surprisingly good considering it’s low price.
Probably the best thing about this rangefinder is the way that it works for multiple targets. When you press the rangefinder button, it will scan the field continuously for 8 seconds. This can give you time to look at different targets, and the rangefinder will give you an accurate estimation for their distances.
Overall, in terms of budget rangefinders, this is a pretty unbeatable option. If you’re looking to spend low and get high quality, then the Coolshot series is one to look at (though other Coolshot models are significantly more expensive).
- LASER RANGEFINDER; Our VPRO500 Laser Rangefinder is a premium product, measuring up to 540 yards with continuous scan mode, advanced Pin-Sensor technology, and a durable, water resistant body
- PIN-SEEKER TECHNOLOGY; provides fast measurement with 1 yard accuracy, together with Pin-Sensor technology to accurately measure overlapping subjects, perfect for measuring golf flags, hazards and wooded areas (Yards or Meters)
- THROUGH THE LENS DISPLAY; premium, ultra clear, multilayered optics with easy read, through the lens display with distance and battery meter, and continuous measurement mode for fast, convenient measurements
- LIGHTWEIGHT AND PORTABLE; measures just 104 x 72 x 41 mm and weighing just 185g, with a water and dust resistant, durable body, perfect for carrying while golfing or hunting, or for measuring and surveying without extra weight or bulk
- FULL PACKAGE; Complete rangefinder package for quick setup, including premium carrying pouch, CR2 battery, wrist strap, microfiber cleaning cloth, quick start guide, TecTecTec Happy Guarantee for 2 Years (Online Registration Required) and Lifetime customer support
Aside from big brand names like Bushnell and Nikon, there are a ton of other camera models out there that you’ll also want to consider. A good example of this is the VPro500, from the aptly named brand TecTecTec.
Although it has a relatively low distance measuring capability of around 550 yards, this doesn’t mean that you should overlook the VPro500. In fact, it’s still worth considering if you’re looking for a cheap rangefinder. It does all of the essentials extremely well, especially the quality of vision, which is really good on this rangefinder. It’s also water resistant, which is important if you’re going to be using it in harsher weather conditions.
It’s another option for a lightweight rangefinder with pretty great accuracy, all at a relatively low price point.
Bushnell Pro X2
The older brother to the Tour V4 Shift is the Pro X2. It’s bigger, heavier – and more expensive than the Tour Shift. But, there are a couple of reasons why you might actually prefer it.
Firstly, the reason that it’s heavier and bulkier is that it has a greater range. Depending on where you’re golfing and how advanced you are, this may or may not be necessary for you. It has a ridiculous range of around 1300 yards, which is more than adamant. if you’re a more advanced golfer, then this might prove to be the better choice.
It also has the same slope technology as other Bushnell Rangefinders, which is ideal if you’re golfing in particularly hilly terrain. It’s also waterproof too, so you don’t need to worry about it breaking if you’re golfing in poor weather. It’s another good choice of rangefinder.
GoSky Golf Rangefinder
- GOLF RANGEFINDER - Our LE600G Laser Rangefinder is a premium product, measuring up to 650 yards with continuous scan mode, advanced pinsensor technology, and a durable body
- PINSENSOR TECHNOLOGY - Provides fast measurement with 1 yard accuracy, accurately measure overlapping subjects, perfect for measuring golf flags, and wooded areas (Yards or Meters)
- THROUGH THE LENS DISPLAY - Premium, ultra clear, multilayered optics with easy read, through the lens display with distance and meter, and continuous measurement mode for fast, convenient measurements
- Compact size and light weigh with a water and dust resistant, durable body, perfect for carrying while golfing or hunting, or for measuring and surveying without extra weight or bulk
- FULL PACKAGE - (Eye-safe rangefinder Class 1 laser with <0.5mW average power output). Complete rangefinder package for quick setup, including premium carrying case, CR2 battery, strap, lens cleaning cloth, quick start guide
The GoSky is another cheaper brand option that doesn’t cost you anything in terms of quality. These types of rangefinders are awesome for using as golf tools, but you can also use them for a multitude of other things as well.
It has a 6x magnification, which is really useful over long distances. If you’re viewing hundreds of yards into the distance, then its important to have a level of magnification that suits you. The film lens is good quality too – it uses porro prisms to project an accurate representation of what’s up ahead, which you’ll find in the majority of good binoculars.
The GoSky doesn’t do anything that’s particularly amazing, but it does do pretty much everything well. So, it’s another option if you’re looking for a cheaper rangefinder.
WoSports w/ Upgraded Battery Cover
- INNOVATIVE DESIGN: Innovative battery cover design, battery cover and range finder are inseparable. Don't worry about missing battery cover
- Meter and Yards Switching: In the boot state, Please long press "MODE" button for more than 3 seconds.
- GOLF RANGE FINDER: With flagpole lock and range modes, golfers can easily identify flagstick. accurately ranges from 5 to 650 yards and 180 yards to a flag lock. if you used on M2 M3 Mode, Flag pole locking up to 180 yards.
- HUNTING RANGE FINDER: 6x magnification ,Measure up to 650 yards,it also has fog and speed modes,give you amazing experience for hunting.
- Guarantee: Wosports Happy Guarantee Worry-free 18-month warranty and friendly customer service.
In terms of budget options, this WoSports Rangefinder is another option for those trying to keep costs as low as possible. It has a 600 yard range generally and a 180 yard flag lock range, which is about standard in comparison to other cheap rangefinders.
Although it’s not fully waterproof, it is splashproof. This means that it can deal with a small amount of water, but if it gets submerged, then it’s not going to survive. It’s actually designed as much of a hunting rangefinder as it is for golfing, but this doesn’t mea that you should dismiss it entirely.
It’s one of the cheaper models that actually has the ability to adjust with slope, which is usually reserved for more expensive rangefinders, But for a cheap option with a lot of capabilities, then this is undoubtedly a pretty decent choice.
- Ultra compact and lightweight; measures in yards or meters
- 6x magnification; range 5-800 yards with +/- 1 yard accuracy
- Pin Acquisition Technology (P.A.T.) quickly locks onto the pin from up to 275 yards away
- Scan functionality allows golfers to acquire distances to multiple targets at once
- Water/Fog proof; 1 Year Limited Warranty
The Callaway 200 is one of the older models of golf rangefinder around. But, it’s definitely worth looking at if you want something small and compact.
Although it’s hardly revolutionary, it does everything well and it has a surprising range of up to 800 years, which is great considering it’s price point. It’s very accurate, and you have the ability to scan across the field to identify different targets and distances.
It uses what they call Pin Acquisition Technology, which is primarily designed to give you even more accuracy within shorter distances. This is another option to consider if you’re looking for a lightweight rangefinder.
Reasons to Opt for a Laser Golf Rangefinder
One of the main reasons to opt for a laser golf rangefinder is because of the sheer accuracy that’s possible with it. Although Golf GPS’s are getting better and better, they still are nowhere near as accurate as golf rangefinders. You can use a rangefinder to pinpoint the exact yardage from where you are to where you’re aiming (most likely the green, but also the fairway). So, for accuracy, a rangefinder is unbeatable.
Slope Adjusted Distances
Better rangefinders will give you slope adjusted distances, which can make it much easier for you predict distances even if the terrain between you and the green is hilly.
Although once upon a time golf rangefinders were only available to those that could afford the best brands, there’s been a real increase in quality amongst the cheaper brands recently. That means that even if you’re a novice or you’re on a tight budget, then a rangefinder is within your reach as an additional golfing tool.
If you’re comparing a golf rangefinder to a GPS, then in terms of speed, the rangefinder wins hands down. You can get a distance within a few seconds of using a rangefinder, which makes it a great choice for those who don’t like waiting around.
Overall, these are just some of the best laser rangefinders that you’ll find available on the market. Sure, there are more expensive ones available. But for the majority of people, you won’t need anything extremely complex and a basic rangefinder should do the trick nicely. A rangefinder can help you to improve your ability to comprehend distances over time. Also, if you’re looking to improve your putting game, then a good quality laser putting aid can also be useful for helping with this.